American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA)
Post-COVID Safe Stay Housekeeping Protocols
Cleanliness and safety have been at the core of Hotel St. Marie since its beginning. Ensuring the comfort and security of guests and staff members has been paramount.
Hotel St. Marie has embraced the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s SafeStay housekeeping and sanitation program – a commitment to the program’s enhanced cleaning measures and safety guidelines.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols with attention to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, hangers, and flooring.
- Removal and replacement of all linens after each guest stay.
- Handling and washing of all linens, towels and laundry in accordance with CDC guidelines and in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cessation of housekeeping room entry during stay unless specifically requested.
- Temporary suspension of Room Service for the time being.
- Continuous attention to all high-touch surfaces in Public Areas including lobby, elevators, restrooms, parking facilities, vending, courtyards and swimming pools.
- 6’ minimum physical distancing signage throughout.
- Hand sanitation stations located strategically throughout.
- HVAC filter replacements on accelerated timeline.
- Staff health and temperature monitoring daily.
- Face covering required for all staff members.
- Face covering recommended for all guests in public areas